Inspired by Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" and Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food," we want to experience the vegan lifestyle to improve our health, boycott animal suffering, and reduce our carbon footprint.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 7 - SPP Cleanse

GO PACKERS!!!

I have reached a realization.  This SPP Cleanse is annoying and ineffective.  I am normally a healthy eater with a fully functioning body that cleanses itself.  My sugar intake has been reasonable, I haven't been drinking much alcohol, there are no animal products clogging my digestive system, I have no food allergies, so I'm already relatively clean!

Compromise:
Since I already have the supplemental powders and can appreciate the occasional cleanse, I will do a 7-day cleanse every other month or so.  I have to admit, my energy levels have been dipping this week and I feel slightly fragile...like I'm not running on all cylinders. I want to feel like my normal healthy strong vegan self! :-)  This was my 7th day of this cleanse, so I will proceed with my clean slate to continue eating yummy vegan foods in moderation and enjoying life with my friends!

Eating Journal:
-smoothie (apple, banana, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, spinach, carrot, flaxseed oil)
-fruit samples at farmers markets
-curried vegetables with brown rice
-a lot of guacamole & salsa with celery and rice crackers
-dragonfruit and yuzu

No comments:

Post a Comment