Inspired by Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" and Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food," we want to experience the vegan lifestyle to improve our health, boycott animal suffering, and reduce our carbon footprint.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pizza cravings

On vacation my mom asked me what 2 foods I would eat if I were stranded on an island forever.  What does this vegan say?  My knee-jerk childhood answer: "Pizza & ice cream!"  Fortunately, those can both be made vegan.  I make my pizza with whole wheat flatbread, slathered in flavorful tomato sauce, sauteed veggies, and red pepper flakes.
Where is the crust??  Thanks for the homemade red pepper flakes, Mom!

As for my ice cream fix, I blend frozen bananas and mix in chia seeds, cinnamon, peanut butter, and dark chocolate chips.  Haven't tried it yet?  You have to!  It's AMAZING.  mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment