Inspired by Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" and Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food," we want to experience the vegan lifestyle to improve our health, boycott animal suffering, and reduce our carbon footprint.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Very grateful

I've had the pleasure to enjoy the Bay Area chain restaurant Cafe Gratitude a couple times.  It's an incredible feeling to read the menu and know that I can eat ANYTHING on it!  They specialize in organic gourmet vegan foods with plenty of raw food options.
Steph displaying her yummy lunch at Google's "Long Life Cafe"
My WI friend Steph visited me in CA and indicated that she has recently adopted the vegan lifestyle for health reasons!  She even eats 70% raw and LOVES it.  Not only did she appreciate all the vegan options at the Google cafeterias, she was excited to try the Cafe Gratitude in the Cupertino Whole Foods for dinner.  We ordered the "I am Cheerful" and "I am Elated," which translates to "pumpkin seed and walnut burger" and "raw mushroom and chipotle enchilada."  We also indulged in the chocolate hazelnut mousse pie.
"I am Cheerful" and "I am Elated"
Being the fun, adventurous ladies we are, we asked for our order "to-go" and drove to the beach in Santa Cruz for a raw picnic at sunset.  It was an incredibly enjoyable dining experience, and the food was quite tasty!
Natural Bridges State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment