Inspired by Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" and Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food," we want to experience the vegan lifestyle to improve our health, boycott animal suffering, and reduce our carbon footprint.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

You win some - you lose some

I recently discovered the blog Love Veggies & Yoga and felt inspired this morning to try her "banana oat cake" for breakfast.  All it contains is a ripe banana, 1/2 c oats, vanilla, chia seeds, cinnamon, and peanut butter spread on top after microwaving for 2.5 minutes.  WIN!

Then while I was at my favorite hangout, Target, I felt inspired to mesh one of her other recipes for cake truffles with my go-to pumpkin muffincake recipe.  I made the muffincake recipe (Devil's Food Cake mix + can of pumpkin), plopped lil balls of the gooey batter on a plate, let them "harden" in the freezer, and then dipped them in melted chocolate chips.  The whole process was much messier and difficult than I had imagined...I only made 11.  Plus, I'm not even sure they're that tasty...I'll await the roomie's verdict.  FAIL!


What did I do with the leftover batter?  Reverted to my comfort zone.  MMMM.  Pumpkin muffincakes with chocolate chips.  WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment